Faculty Led Projects
- Al Sayegh, H. and Karanikola, I. (2021) What Attracts Emiratis into Working in the Hospitality Industry? SWAM 2021 Board
- Aliev, N. and Nadkarni, S. (2021) Digitalization of Asset Management in the Hospitality Industry: Challenges and Opportunities. AIRSI Technologies 4.0 in Tourism Services & Marketing Conference 12-14 July 2021, Zaragoza [online proceedings]
- Christodoulidou, N., Kriechbaumer, F. and Nadkarni, S. (2021) Internet of Things: Making Hospitality Sustainable One "Thing" At A Time. Hotel Executive. [available online]: https://www.hotelexecutive.com/feature_focus/6950/internet-of-things-making-hospitality-sustainable-one-thing-at-a-time
- Dutt, C.S. (2021) Flipping a Tourism Class. 19th APacCHRIE Conference in Singapore, 4th June 2021.
- Kenny, J. and Dutt, C. S. (2021). The long-term impacts of hotel’s strategic responses to COVID-19: The case of Dubai. Tourism and Hospitality Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/14673584211034525
- Kitts, M. (In Press) Leading a professional kitchen – the science of the art. In: Heap,T. and Anthonisz, A. (Eds) Professional Culinary Management: Principles and Practice. London: Routledge.
- Manfreda, A., Presbury, R., Richardson, S. and Melissen, F. (2020) Luxury accommodation experience: From backdrop to protagonist. A systematic literature review. CAUTHE 2020: 20: 20 Vision: New Perspectives on the Diversity of Hospitality, Tourism and Events, p.667.
- Morris, H. (In Press) Menu planning, preparation and implementation – making the purchasing decisions easier for the customer. In: Nadkarni S. (2021) Knowledge in the Age of Artificial Intelligence. Monograph. Trends Research and Advisory: Abu Dhabi ISBN 978-9948-846-29-1
- Nadkarni, S., Kriechbaumer, F. and Christodoulidou, N. (2021) Industry 4.0 Applications For Iot-Driven Sustainability Use Cases: First Waves In Hospitality And Tourism. Swam 2021 Board, P.61.
- Nam, K., Dutt, C.S., Chathoth, P. and Khan. M. S. (2021) Blockchain technology for smart city and smart tourism: latest trends and challenges. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 26(4), pp. 454-468. DOI: 10.1080/10941665.2019.1585376.
- Parikh, P. and Dutt, C.S. (2021) Impacts of staff demographics on complaint management behaviour in five-star hotels in Dubai. International Hospitality Review, [early print] DOI:10.1108/IHR-03-2021-0016
- Ramadan, R. A. and Karanikola, I. (2021) The career paths of general managers in Dubai’s luxury hotel sector. Research in Hospitality Management, 11(1),pp. 27-36. DOI: 10.1080/22243534.2020.1867373.
- Nam, K., Dutt, C.S., Chathoth, P., Daghfous, A. and Khan, M.S. (2020) The adoption of artificial intelligence and robotics in the hotel industry: Prospects and challenges. Electronic Markets, pp.1-22. DOI: 10.1007/s12525-020-00442-3
- Nadkarni S. (2020) Citizen Data Scientists: In Search of Return on Intelligence. HITEC Special Report 2020. [available online]: https://specialreport.hitec.org/details/122000113.html
- Al Hallaq, A., Ninov, I. and Dutt, C.S. (2020) The perceptions of host-city residents of the impact of mega-events and their support: the EXPO 2020 in Dubai. Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, pp.1-23.DOI: 10.1080/19407963.2020.1839088
- Dutt, C.S. (2021) Book Review of Cynarski, WJ (2020) Tourism of Martial Arts: Social-cultural perspective. Rzeszow: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowkiego. ISBN: 978-83-7996-760-5. 160 pages. European Journal of Tourism Research, 27, pp.2713-2713.
- Hayes, A. and Nadkarni S. (2020) Brand Dubai: Sustaining Its Luxury Image. In:Sharma, A, Pulido-Fernandez, J. and Hassan, A. (Eds). Sustainable Destination Branding and Marketing: Strategies for Tourism Development. Wallingford, CABI. Pp. 1-11
- Heyes, A. and Nadkarni, S. (2020) Luxury consumption in tourism: the case of Dubai–Part 2. Research in Hospitality Management, 10(1), pp. 51-53.DOI: 10.1080/22243534.2020.1790209
- Bhojwani, G. and Dutt, C.S. (2019) Managing cultural tourism sites. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019
- Dutt, C.S., Hahn, G., Christodoulidou, N. and Nadkarni, S. (2019) What’s so mysterious about mystery shoppers? Understanding the qualifications and selection of mystery shoppers. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 20(4), pp.470-490
- Ghaderi, Z., Mirzapour, M., Henderson, J.C., and Richardson, S. (2019) Corporate social responsibility and hotel performance: A view from Tehran, Iran. Tourism Management Perspectives, 29, pp. 41-47
- Hayes, A. and Nadkarni S. (2019) Brand Dubai: Sustaining its luxury image. In Sharma, A, Pulido-Fernandez, J. and Hassan, A. (Ed). Sustainable destination branding and marketing: Strategies for tourism development. Wallingford, CABI. pp. xxx-xxx [in press]
- Lee, K.H., Richardson, S., Goh, E., and Presbury, R. (2019) Digital lenses and mobile devices: Redefining the tourist experience. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019
- Manfreda, A., Presbury, R. and Richardson, S. (2019, 11-14). Perceptions of authenticity: Australian luxury specialist accommodation experiences. CAUTHE 2019 Conference, Central Queensland University, Australia, February 2019
- Minh, L.V. and Dutt, C.S. (2019) Impacts of tourism on the cultural heritage of destinations. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019
- Morris, S, (2019). The employment of people with special needs within Hotels in Dubai. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes,11 (3), pp. 327-336
- Nadkarni, S. (2019) Conclusions: Expo 2020 and its impact on Dubai. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, 11(3), pp. 341-345
- Nadkarni, S. (2019) The pre and post event planning roadmap for Expo 2020: Dubai’s coming out party. Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, 11(3), pp. 259-265
- Nadkarni, S., Kriechbaumer, F., Rothenberger, M. and Christodoulidou, N (2019). The path to the hotel of things: Internet of things and big data converging in hospitality. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (accepted)
- Nadkarni, S. (2019) Design Thinking and Futures Thinking: Scope for Application in Hospitality. HITEC Bytes 2019, pp44-45
- Nadkarni, S. & Morris, S. (2019). Innovation-centric Courses in Hospitality Management Education in Dubai, Worldwide Tourism and Hospitality Themes, Vol. 11, No.2 pp. 166-172
- Nam, K., Dutt, C.S., Chathoth, P. and Khan, M.S. (2019) Blockchain technology for smart city and smart tourism: Latest trends and challenges. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 24, pp.1-15
- Pantelic, V. and Nadkarni, S. (2019) KPIs in UAE hotel properties: Senior managers’ perspective. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019
- Pantelic, V. and Nadkarni, S. (2019) UAE Specific KPIs for hotel properties Machnik, E. (Ed). Hospitality Industry Report 2019 Grant Thornton-HFTP, Dubai , November 2019
- Rabe, P. and Dutt, C.S. (2019) Factors affecting the recruitment of restaurant managers in Dubai. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019
- Seebacher, N. and Dutt, C.S. (2019) Cultural Perceptions of Effective Leadership. APacCHRIE and EuroCHRIE Joint Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019