About Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS®)
Today's successful hospitality supervisors must have effective skills such as leadership, time management, and communication. They must keep pace with change, improve their knowledge, and share their experience with others.
The CHS designation may be used on letterhead, business cards, and other writings. The CHS lapel pin and certificate are the visible symbols of the holder's status and achievement.
The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS®) designation provides recognition for these skills. Recognized worldwide, the CHS designation is the lodging industry's highest acknowledgement of professionalism for supervisors in the hospitality industry.
Upcoming Course Schedule: 25th April, 2023 - 23rd May, 2023 (5 consecutive Tuesdays)
CHS Exam preparation material offers a thorough overview of the CHS exam content. Highlights include:
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Orientation and Training
- Motivation and Team Building
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Improving Employee Performance
Because individual backgrounds vary widely in the hospitality industry, applicants may pursue the CHS® designation if currently employed in these qualifying position(s):
- A person who supervises two or more individuals.
- Has job duties that are at least 20 per cent supervisory in nature and include such tasks as scheduling, training, interviewing, disciplining, inspecting and conducting performance reviews.
- Makes decisions and judgement calls while performing daily duties.
- Has input on hiring and firing decisions within a department.
Candidate time in position:
- One current AHLEI supervisor, management, department head, or executive certification eliminates time requirements.
- Completion of AHLEI's Supervisory Skill Builders series eliminates the time requirement.
- Degree from an accredited academic institution eliminates the time requirement.
Who is it for: Entry level to mid-supervisory level participants.
Course Fees: AED 3,500 (exclusive of 5% VAT).
Prerequisites:The participant should be of entry level to mid supervisory level who has a minimum of one direct reporting colleague.
No. of participants: Minimum 6
In-person at EAHM campus
09:00 - 17:00
Certification: A certificate of attendance from The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management will be issued upon completion for participants that have attended all days of the training program.